Home |   Free Estimate |   Contact Us |   Do's & Dont's |   Specials

Dos and Don'ts - Immediate Helpful Steps

Water Damage

  • Use fans to circulate the air in your house
  • Mop and blot excess water as best you can
  • Do not use any kind of electrical appliance until it has been checked, particularly not whilst standing on a wet floor (you could accidentally electrocute yourself)
  • Do not try and dry off your interiors with a blower of any other kind of heat applicance, it will only encourage mildew formation

Mold and Mildew

  • Encourage good ventilation and, in humid periods, use air-conditioning or a de-humidifer
  • If attempting to clear small amounts mold yourself, do not use chemicals; a solution of soapy water and vinegar will be more effective
  • Do not disturb substantial mold growth, you may accidentally spread millions of spores around new areas
  • Wear protective clothing (mask, gloves) when in contact with mold

Sewage Back-up

  • Do not dispose of sanitary towels by throwing them down the toilet
  • Don't pour grease down your kitchen sink or drain
  • Empty lint from the washing machine into a garbage bag, preventing it from going into the sewer line
  • Call a plumber, professional help is always best!

Fire and Smoke Damage

  • Test and clean your smoke alarms each month and change the batteries regularly
  • Never smoke in bed, or after you have taken medicine that causes drowsiness
  • Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to water or fire before having them checked, they could be damaged and be dangerous to touch
  • Try not to overload extension cords or plug sockets

Call US Now at 888-331-7489

Or Get Your FREE ESTIMATE Appointment Now

?it?s rare to work with a company so eager to please the customer. Everyone I talked to was professional, knowledgeable and helpful. It would be great if more companies would treat their customers the same way"
Doris L, Brooklyn